Congratulations to Joseph Carey on his inclusion on the 2020 Super Lawyers list for the top-rated personal injury attorneys in Maryland. Attorney Carey has represented hundreds of clients in a wide range of claims, from MVA infractions to cases heard by the Supreme Court of the United States.
About Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practices areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The Maryland Super Lawyers is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than five percent of attorneys in the state.
Super Lawyers evaluates each attorney in the candidate pool based on the following 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement:
- Representative Clients
- Special licenses/certifications
- Position within the law firm
- Bar and/or professional activity
- Pro bono and community service
- Scholarly lectures/writings
- Education/employment background
- Other outstanding achievements
The Super Lawyers directory is published by Thomson Reuters, a leading global source for business news and information.
More about Joseph Carey
As the founder and principal attorney of the Carey Law Office, Joseph Carey has been defending the rights of the people of Maryland for nearly four decades. His vast experience includes admission to practice in state and federal courts, including:
- Maryland Trial Courts
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- Maryland Court of Special Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
He’s also been a member of the Maryland Bar Foundation since 2014, an invitation-only organization limited to only two percent of all bar members. Attorney Carey is a member of many other prestigious organizations, holding leadership positions in several, including:
- Board of Directors, Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Maryland State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Calvert County Bar Association
- Treasurer, Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Association
Attorney Carey also holds a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating. This rating is awarded only to those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability.
Please join us in congratulating Attorney Carey on his selection to SuperLawyers 2020. We look forward to another year of dedicated service to our clients. For a consultation, please call 301-464-2500 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment. We have offices in Bowie and Crofton.